Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All the best!

Hey guys, I know tomorrow is your big day.

It's going to be a-ok, I'm telling you. No matter what happens, I know that alot of you have tried hard. It's your first exam ya, you need some getting used to.

Some tips:
1) Spend 2 minutes thinking about the question carefully and quickly jotting down the points of what you need to write so you don't forget.
2) Write, write, write, like you've never done before and like there is no tomorrow, because......45min is really a SQUEEEEEZE.

All the best!

......................... and I'll still be updating this blog regularly even after your exams and throughout the holiday, so check back, yah. With interesting articles, videos, and other updates to help you keep in tune and touch with the subject.

And now, I leave you with a de-stress video by our very own Hossan Leong (I think he is da bomb, seriously), singing a really funny and terrific song about our country, Singapore. It is absolutely brilliant. Parts of the song are related to what we study in Social Studies! :) Can you identify them? Let me know in the comments link to this post okay? Turn up the volume and have a good laugh!






*editted to add a cartoon version this song that you may like even better*



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey(:

i can identify with them,

1) Good Governance;
'PM Lee build Jurong & HDB, make the country clean and green, opposition cannot win.' ,
- Right for free speech,
- Anticipate Future Challenges,
'Want to protest go indoor, LRT not so fast, NEWater they laugh at us.'
- Making the laws too. 'Bubblegums are all banned, ask your friend to buy from Thailand.'

2) Traffic control in Singapore;
'Driving car, not funny, Bid for cars with COE, ERP, Road Tax,'

3) Foreign Talents are okay.

4) Population in Singapore.
'Baby Bonus, maid levy' - to increase population.

That probably all i guess?
Heh, it feels like i'm doing some lit assignment.

TASHKA&

Ms Foo says ... said...

Good job, Tashka. You basically covered most of it :)